Friday, August 29, 2008

More about SOME GAVE ALL:

the Breaking Traditions Exhibit [With One Voice] is to give a voice to all those who stand up and say "I will make a difference".
I made three other quilts prior to this one. One was two small, and one too large, and none honored a particular person or group...then this one popped into my head at the last minute. It is part of a quilt I have had in my head for a couple of years.
The final quilt also has a dog-tag wrapped around the rifle. I found mini dog-tags on eBay, and wasn't sure they would arrive in time, but they did.

1 comment:

BLUE said...

i love your squares! the one commemorating our soldiers is simply breathtaking.

here's a funny: my final piece for Breaking Traditions is too small, but it's showcasing anyway. Lynn was really cool about it. i think we measured differently. i have an attached piece that i included as part of my measurement.

looking forward to seeing all of the squares, and i am so proud to be a part of this!

light!
~Cherryl