Wednesday, January 9, 2013

EMERALD MOSAIC

Rachel At Stitched In Color has a blog about EMERALD the 2013 color of the year.
http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2013/01/emerald-mosaic-contest.html

What a grand color!
of course I'm Irish[+]...and to celebrate, my background is changing to emerald!

I put together a mosaic:


but this weekend I think I'll search my stash and come up with fabric for an Emerald quilt....
?Emerald City?
?Green with Envy?
?it's not easy being green?
?green acres?

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
Pedro Calderon de la Barca

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.
Lord Byron

All theory, dear friend, is gray, but the golden tree of life springs ever green.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.
Martin Luther


The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.
William Blake


By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet.
Thomas Merton

My coming to faith did not start with a leap but rather a series of staggers from what seemed like one safe place to another. Like lily pads, round and green, these places summoned and then held me up while I grew. Each prepared me for the next leaf on which I would land, and in this way I moved across the swamp of doubt and fear.
Anne Lamott


Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.
Ansel Adams


and lastly:
Okra is the closest thing to nylon I've ever eaten. It's like they bred cotton with a green bean. Okra, tastes like snot. The more you cook it, the more it turns into string.
Robin Williams

1 comment:

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Katherine- I have loaded your blog in place for my Grow Your Blog party -- I will be looking forward to your special post on the 19. I hope you make lots of new friends - see you at the party!
Vicki