Friday, February 1, 2013

I've been tagged!

Thank you Hilary!
PLEASE visit her blog too:
http://www.threadedlife.net/






The rules:


1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate
4. Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.


1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.

1. My birthday is 11/11.
2. I graduated from NC State, with majors in Textile Chemistry and Biochemistry.
3. When I don't get enough sleep [often], I am short tempered and impatient.
4. I'm a lazy gardener.
5. I wanted a little sister, not a little brother, so I made him, play dress up with me, until he refused.
6. I believe we must preserve our natural spaces and the creatures who live in them. I am fearful that we will not.
7. Technology sometimes drives me crazy: it can't be fixed when it's broken, and it was out of date yesterday.
8. I like snow, in limited quantities, for brief periods of time.
9. I am both a beach and mountain person.
10. I am hoping to get a puppy this spring.
11. I have two cats: http://blueheronquilts.blogspot.com/2006/09/rascal-aggravating-ragamuffin.html


Answer the questions that the nominator set for you

1. What's your favorite book and why?

books by J.R.R.Tolkien, C.S.Lewis, Laurie R. King, Shirley Rousseau Murphy

2. Give me your all-time favorite quote.
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." The Little Prince





3. What's your favorite animal and why?
cat, wolf, whale, blue heron
no reason
4. What do you collect?
antique quilts
5. Who do you most admire and why?
Hilary CLinton, Michelle Obama, Julia Child
strong women
6. What's your worst vice?
spending too much
7. What's your best trait?
generosity, loyalty, determination
8. What's your favorite sport?
college hoops: go wolfpack!
ice skating
9. What's your favorite color and why?
I can't pick a color: today it's green, tomorrow red, next week purple.
I love color! I love monochromatic too!
10. Name one of your pet peeves.
Technology: see above.
in particular, at work, it interferes with actually doing what I used to love about practicing medicine
11. What makes any particular day special for you?
being thanked
feeling like I have really done something to improve someone's life or situation

ELEVEN QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. Favorite author(s):
2. If you won the lottery, the first thing you would do:
3. Share a childhood memory:
4. Live concert you would like to attend:
5. Dream vacation:
6. Where would you like to live:
7. Favorite pet:
8. Favorite ice cream:
9. What famous person/fictional character would you like to get to know?
10. What would you like your autobiographer to say about you?
11. What was your first car?


THE NOMINEES ARE:
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
http://designerann.blogspot.com/
kellyartist.­blogspot.­com
kathyinozarks.­blogspot.­com
cariboucrossingc­hronicles.­blogspot.­com
nestlingsbyrobin­.­blogspot.­com
periwinklequilts­.­blogspot.­com
sallysburrow.­blogspot.­com
rothequilter.­blogspot.­com
quilterbeth.­blogspot.­com
fiberluscious.­blogspot.­com

of course, there is no obligation to participate, but I enjoy your blogs!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Love reading your responses! Tolkein is one of my favorite authors too ... what did you think about the movies? I boycotted in the beginning but got sucked into them during the run of The Two Towers.